(via Emily Johnson, University of Illinois at Chicago Library of the Health Sciences – Peoria)
The Program Committee of the Health Science Librarians of Illinois invites proposals for posters for the HSLI Conference, to be held October 26-27 in Bloomington, Illinois. The conference theme is “The Times are Changing”. We encourage you to take a literal or figurative approach to our theme (use your productive imagination). Ideas can include, but are not limited to, the following areas of librarianship:
- Instruction or curricular activities
- Leadership and management
- Program or service implementation
- Scholarly communications
- Collection development
- Outreach activities
- Evaluation processes (surveys, statistical analysis, validation studies)
If you have presented a poster at another meeting this year (that hasn’t been shown at HSLI previously), please consider also submitting it here. Let our members who can’t travel have the opportunity to see the work you’ve been doing! Please submit your proposal to Linda Feinberg (Lfeinberg@northshore.org), including:
- Title of poster
- A 300-words-or-less abstract describing your poster
- Author information of name, position title, address, phone number and email address of all authors on poster.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday, September 8th. Notification of poster acceptance will be made by mid-September after review by the poster committee. Each poster presenter must register for the HSLI conference, which includes each author attending. The posters will be presented during Nancy’s Reception on Thursday evening, October 26, starting at 6:00 PM. Setup will be available at 5:00 PM. Posters will remain up until the break after breakfast on Friday morning. The actual poster session will be from 6:00 to 7:00 PM on Thursday evening where the poster presenters need to be present to discuss their posters with conference attendees.
Appropriate poster sizes for display at the conference:
- poster board 24in x 36in
- tri-fold poster 36in x 48in (for setup on a table)
- wall posters – various sizes allowed (including 45in x 45in)
For more information on the HSLI meeting, see the conference website.