(via the National Network of Libraries of Medicine-Greater Midwest Region)
Please join us for BLOSSOM! Building Life-long Opportunities for Strength, Self-Care, Outlook, Morale, and Mindfulness. This is a free virtual symposium for library staff focused on their health and wellness. The event will take place from March 24 to 26 (Wednesday through Friday).
The symposium will bring together experts on morale, invisible services, vocational awe, burnout, and self-care in libraries. The symposium will provide library staff at all levels, including management, with key takeaways to improve library staff’s health and wellness. This event is open to all library staff regardless of employment status and to library science students.
Abigail Phillips, Amanda Leftwich, Amy Tureen, Callan Bignoli, Eamon Tewell, Eileen Ybarra, Fobazi Ettarh, Janet Damon, Jenn Carson, JJ Pionke (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), Kaetrena Davis Kendrick, Max Bowman, Nikhat Ghouse, Nisha Mody, Tasha Nins, Twanna Hodge, Wendy Peters, and more!
- re-energize your work by sharing/learning with like-minded individuals
- learn practical skills to improve self-care starting immediately
- gain burnout-mitigation skills and ideas to take back to your library
- decrease sense of isolation amongst library staff
- participating in this virtual symposium could help with ideas to provide your own virtual events in the future
- the event provides 8 CE credits
Visit this website to register for the symposium and select the presentation, panels, and virtual networking events you want to attend. For questions or comments regarding the event, including technical issues, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.