(via Dr. Raymond Pun, Hoover Institution)
The ALA Nominating Committee is soliciting nominees to run on the 2022 spring ballot for the offices of ALA President-elect (two candidates), Treasurer (two candidates), and Councilor-at-Large (51 candidates).
Members who wish to make nominations should submit the following information: nominee name; present position; institution; address; telephone; and e-mail address. Self-nominations are encouraged. All potential nominees must complete the Potential Candidate Biographical Form found here. The Nominating Committee may ask for additional information about an individual’s candidacy for a leadership position.
You will be asked to create an account to access the form. Nominations and forms must be received no later than Thursday July 1, 2021.
Nominations may be sent to any member of the Nominating Committee for the 2022 ALA Election. Committee members are listed below. (The list includes UIUC’s George Gottschalk.)
- Madeline Peña, Chair / Past REFORMA President, Senior Librarian Digital Content Team, Los Angeles Public Library, Los Angeles, CA / email@example.com
- Kathy Carroll, Member / AASL President, Media Specialist, Westwood High School, Columbia, SC / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tyler Dzuba, Member / Core Board Member, VP, Learning & Development, DeEtta Jones & Associates, Rochester, NY / email@example.com
- George Gottschalk, Member / Past AILA President, Director of Acquisitions, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janice Greenberg, Member / Senior Librarian, Jersey City Free Public Library, Jersey City, NJ / email@example.com
- Kirby McCurtis, Member / ALSC President, Interim Director of Outreach and Programming, Multnomah County Library / Portland, OR / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ray Pun, Member / APALA Vice President, Education and Outreach Manager, Hoover Institution Library & Archives, Palo Alto, CA / email@example.com
- Shauntee Burns-Simpson, Member / President, BCALA, Associate Director, School Support, The New York Public Library, New York, NY / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Singer, Member / Vice President, Segal Consulting Group, Baltimore, MD / email@example.com
Thank you for your time and consideration.