Please join us for the Michigan Health Sciences Libraries Association Annual Conference 2012: Librarians Driving Medical Education.
Conference Web Site – http://www.mdmlg.org/MHSLA2012/index.htm
When: October 17-19, 2012
Where: Baronette Renaissance Hotel, Novi, MI (near Twelve Oaks Mall)
The hotel room rate is $109 per night and includes free wi-fi. Further information about hotel information, including reservations options can be found here. Book early to guarantee a room.
– Keynote: Patient Education – Patient Advocates in the New Reform Arena (Jamie Verdi, JD)
– Trends in Medical Education (Ernest Yoder, MD, Central Michigan University, Medical School Dean)
– Nurses and Librarians: Research Partners (Caroline Medcoff, RN, CNS, Beaumont Health System)
– Introduction to Epidemiology (4 CEs)
– Walking in Nurses’ Shoes (6 CEs)
– IRBs (4 CEs)
Dates To Remember:
– August 1st: Deadline to join MHSLA in order to get the member rate; MHSLA memberships will not be available at the time of conference registration!
– October 2nd: Deadline to make hotel reservations
– October 2nd: Deadline for conference registration; $50 late fee after this date
The Top Ten Reasons to Attend the MHSLA 2012 Conference:
10. Close to shopping – Twelve Oaks Mall
9. Free wi-fi in all the guest rooms
8. Dinner at the Tin Fish / Twelve Oaks Mall for the Special Event
7. Welcome Reception in the Baronette Renaissance Hotel
5. Reasonable hotel room rates – just $109 per night! 4. Reasonable conference rates – just $310 for the full conference, including the Special Event!
3. Opportunity to interact with vendors
2. A variety of CE Classes