(via Tara Radniecki–University of Nevada, Reno)
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 2023 Maker Literacies Immersion Program! The meeting will take place at The University of Texas at Arlington from Sunday, July 16, to Friday, July 21.This IMLS grant-funded program aims to support the development of experiential and project-based curricula and assignments through the use of Maker Literacies. These cross-disciplinary and transferable literacies help ensure that maker-centered learning opportunities are not only fun and engaging, but also impactful and directly tied to student learning outcomes.
Who should attend?
Librarians, makerspace staff, and teaching faculty will all benefit from this program!
What will participants learn?
- develop maker-based learning outcomes that map to subject-based learning goals.
- create maker-based assignments.
- manage instructional experiences in makerspaces.
- integrate reflection into making.
- assess student learning.
Registration & Housing
This week-long immersive workshop is funded in part with a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and there is no cost to register. Participants are responsible for their airfare and housing. Please see the registration webpage for additional housing and meal information.
Scholarships are available that cover the cost of airfare and housing and can be applied for when registering for the program.
- Please register by Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
- For scholarship consideration, please register by June 1, 2023.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 9, 2023, and have until June 15, 2023, to confirm their attendance.