(via Emily Johnson, UIC Library of the Health Sciences – Peoria)
The Program Committee of HSLI invites proposals for posters for the HSLI Conference to be held October 26-27 in Bloomington, Illinois. The conference theme is “The Times are Changing.” We encourage you to take a literal or figurative approach to our theme (use your productive imagination).
Ideas can include, but are not limited to the following areas of librarianship:
- Instruction or curricular activities
- Leadership and management
- Program or service implementation
- Scholarly communications
- Collection development
- Outreach activities
- Evaluation processes (surveys, statistical analysis, validation studies)
If you have presented a poster at another meeting this year (that hasn’t been shown at HSLI previously), please consider also submitting it here. Let our members who can’t travel have the opportunity to see the work you’ve been doing!
Please submit your proposal to Linda Feinberg (Lfeinberg@northshore.org), including:
- Title of poster
- A 300-words-or-less abstract describing your poster
- Author information of name, position title, address, phone number and email address of all authors on poster.
The deadline for abstract submission is Friday August 25th. Notification of poster acceptance will be made by mid September after review by the poster committee. Each poster presenter must register for the HSLI conference, which includes each author attending.
The posters will be presented during Nancy’s Reception on Thursday evening, October 26 starting at 6pm. Setup will be available at 5pm. Posters will remain up until the break after breakfast on Friday morning. The actual poster session will be from 6pm-7pm on Thursday evening where the poster presenters need to be present to discuss their posters with conference attendees.
Appropriate poster sizes for display at the conference:
- poster board 24? x 36?
- tri-fold poster 36? x 48? (for setup on a table)
- wall posters – various sizes allowed (including 45? x 45?)