(via Linnea Minich, University of the South)
Announcing Forward Libraries’ first annual Spring Forward Conference, coming March, 2024!
Calling all libraryland idea growers, gardeners, cultivators, and curators! We know the past few years have been a time of difficult change, but challenging times can lead to reimagined and reinvented library services, partnerships, and spaces. So we want to know: What’s changed for the better at your library? What new things did you try that took root? What old initiatives needed pruning before they could blossom?
Tell us what you’ve been doing!
We want to hear about your work planting the seeds of information literacy, fertilizing collaborative partnerships, composting problematic collections, and irrigating dry library programming. Add your voice and experience to Forward Libraries’ first annual Spring Forward Conference!
Forward Libraries strives to bring library workers from all types of libraries together to learn and grow with one another. We’re looking for proposals that are fun, engaging, and will leave our attendees ready to try out new things at their institutions, with a support system of new friends and colleagues behind them!
We’d like to see your proposals for
- synchronous, interactive sessions like lightning talks, panels, roundtable discussions, or skill-building workshops
- asynchronous content like podcasts, recorded videos, articles, and more
- social/networking opportunities like virtual happy hours, crafting circles, work-with-me sessions, other fun and collaborative activities
Seed Starters (aka the kind of topics we’d like to see):
- Advocacy and Fighting Book Bans
- AI in Libraries
- Collection Development
- DEIA in Libraries
- Engagement and Outreach
- Instruction and Research Help
- Hiring and Job Searching
- LIS Education and Professional Development
- OER and Open Pedagogy
- Other Awesome Ideas You Want to Show Off!
- Friday, August 4 – Friday, September 29: Idea Forum Open
- Mid-October: Invitations to Round 2 Sent
- October-November: Round 2 Peer-Review
- Early December: Invitations to Present Sent
- January: Registration Opens
- March 10: Spring Forward Launches!