On Friday, April 16th, HSLI sponsored an online community session about the new NNLM contract (2021-2026). Thank you to Jacqueline Leskovec, Network Librarian, GMR, for providing an update and introducing her colleague, Nora Barnett, GMR Outreach Coordinator.
Slides are available for those who missed the session and/or would like to review them.
Re-cap of some changes and transitions with the new NNLM contract cycle that will begin Saturday, May 1st.
- In the new arrangement, there will be seven regions. Our region, formerly called GMR (Greater Midwest region), will be called Region 6. Three states: (Kentucky, North Dakota, and South Dakota) are being moved to other regions. NOTE: The NNLM regions are not related to the Medical Library Association chapters and the Midwest Chapter/MLA should not be confused with Region 6.
- As the GMR region transitions to being Region 6, watch for a new logo, new website identity, etc. No one will have to re-subscribe to the Region’s weekly digest, In Case You Missed It (ICYMI). If you don’t already subscribe to the e-newsletter, you are invited to do so. To view the most recent issue with other news mentioned during the community session, click here.
- Region 6 will be seeking persons for a variety of roles.
- Emergency and Preparedness Coordinator from Illinois as the program is expanding in the new cooperative agreement. Region 6 will sponsor the MLA Disaster Information Specialist Certificate. Contact Jacqueline Leskovec if you are interested: <Jacquelinefirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Positions on a state advisory group
- Coordinator for the Region 6 office, telecommuting optional from the Region.
- The HSLI listserv is hosted by the region and will be transitioning. Look for announcements from HSLI listserv moderator, Linda Feinberg, as that transition is completed. The new listserv address will be: <email@example.com>. No action is needed by those already subscribed.
Illinois has the largest number of members as we transition to Region 6. HSLI looks forward to working with Jacqueline in her role as Network Coordinator of Region 6 (continuing her roles in Membership, the Partner Outreach Program (renamed from Partner Outreach Libraries), and Emergency Preparedness, and others). We welcome Nora to the region. We also await further updates from the NNLM.